Anti-Aging & Feeling Your Best
Though, we can’t stop the aging process, by implementing certain lifestyle measures into our daily routine, consistently following healthy habits every day, shielding our bodies from harmful factors which accelerate the aging process, we can slow the aging process down.
I have developed and anti-aging plan for my patients that includes:
- Proper hydration: drinking at least ½ of your body weight in ounces of water/day. I will also provide you information about resources to get optimal hydration keeping your cells hydrated and ridding the body of harmful toxins.
- Adequate sleep: 1 out of every 3 people in the United States do not get enough sleep. Each of us requires a different amount and we will find what your “sweet spot” is with sleep.
- Healthy Food Choices: Preservatives, found in processed foods, not only accelerate aging, but they also increase the risk of cancer developing in your body. Eating organic, fresh fruits and vegetables is a great start along with eating a moderate amount of lean meats (turkey, pork, chicken) and fatty fish like salmon.
- Healthy Fats: Fats that are high in omega-3 fatty acids (walnuts, olive oil, salmon) have been shown to help with brain function (decrease the risk of dementia), lessen your risk of heart attack and stroke and minimize your risk for diabetes.
- Exercise: Moderate amounts of cardiovascular exercise (interval walking, jogging, swimming) in combination with weight-training (lifting weights to tone certain parts of your body) will not only make a more sculpted version of yourself, but also slow down the aging process.
- Meditation/Stress Reduction: Meditation has been shown to calm the brain, decrease inflammation in the brain (which is one of main causes of dementia) and open new neural pathways to increase your learning/mental processing.
OTHER HEALTHCARE & WELLNESS SERVICES OFFERED BY DR. DIANA HOPPE
MENOPAUSE EXPERT & CLINICIAN
With over 19 years of clinical trial experience on the effects and treatment of menopause and having been through it herself, Dr. Hoppe will help you through this change by addressing your symptoms, overall health, lifestyle, and if needed, hormone therapy.
SPEAKER, AUTHOR, & CONSULTANT
Dr. Hoppe is an international speaker, published author, women’s health clinician, and has appeared on both national and local television, highlighting women's health research, women’s hormones, libido and the effect on total wellness.
SAN DIEGO'S TOP GYNECOLOGIST
Voted one of San Diego’s Best OB/GYN’s of 2016 by Ranch & Coast Magazine, Dr. Hoppe provides women and teen gynecology services including: annual exams, feminine health and sexuality, hormones, preventative medicine, and general practice.